Nestled in the heart of Glenora, situated directly inside our province's centennial treasure, the Royal Alberta Museum houses an incredible theatre–a gem of a facility! Versatile and well-equipped, this beautiful theatre offers technical expertise and competitive rates.
View the complete facility rentals package.
- 389-seat theatre (capacity of 417)
- Fully equipped
- Professional audio-visual technicians
- Large film screen
- Grand piano
- Wheelchair accessible
- Large welcoming lobby with coatroom and washroom facilities
- Free parking
- Ideal for:
- CD Releases
- Theatre & Dance Performances
- Awards Ceremonies
- Film Screenings
- Corporate Meetings
For theatre rental inquiries please contact the Facility Rentals Coordinator.
- Baldwin SF10 Grand Piano
- 2 dressing rooms (11' 9.5" x 13' 9.5') (One-stall washroom in each)
- Stage Dimensions: 50'10"wide / 20'7" deep / 31'10.5"proscenium width
- Lectern, industry standard mics, DI's, stands, and cables, Shure wireless microphones and clip-on mics
- High-quality Nexo speakers, Meyer subwoofer, Crown amplifiers and 6 EAW monitors on 6 mixes
- Yamaha LS9-32 digital mixing board. A separate 32-channel analog monitor board is available or monitors may be mixed from front of house. We also have a 5-channel wired clear com.
- Lighting package consists of a variety of standard theatrical fixtures which are hung on 3 bars (front of house, upstage, and downstage). The controller is a Strand MX.
- Barco HD 3-Chip DLP Projector (6500 lumen)
- Projection Screen 20' wide, 15' high (downstage)
- PowerPoint, DVD, Blu-Ray playback
- Pioneer DVD player, Oppo Blu-Ray player
- Standing reception (250 guests)
- In-house catering and bar services available (view catering menu)
The Museum Theatre is located inside the Museum, to the right once you enter the front doors (opposite the Gift Shop). View our location and directions to reach us.
Parking is available in the Museum's public parking lot at no charge. Parking is available in this lot on a first-come basis. As such, no guarantee can be made that parking will be available to all guests. Parking is not allowed in fire-lanes or service roads.
Food & Beverages: Not permitted in the theatre.
Accessibility: The facility is wheelchair and stroller accessible. Washrooms are located in the theatre lobby. An unattended coatroom is available for use. Event host may choose to monitor.
Lost & Found: Please contact Museum Security at 780-453-9114.
Please Note: The Royal Alberta Museum does not book wedding ceremonies, receptions or photography sessions.
The Museum grounds may not be used for weddings, receptions or ceremonies. Photography sessions are permitted. No booking required. Please be courteous to those who are enjoying the grounds.