The Archaeology program is responsible for managing collections of historic and prehistoric artifacts from over 25,000 archaeological sites spanning at least the last 11,000 years. Each year hundreds of newly discovered archaeological sites are added to the provincial inventory and many tens of thousands of artifacts are accessioned into the Museum collections.
- Province's major archaeological faunal (animal bone) collection
- black and white photo inventory of Province's archaeological resources
- colour slide inventory of archaeological sites and artifacts
- artifact collections from precontact and historic archaeological sites including inorganic (stone, metal, ceramic, glass) and organic specimens (bone, wood, shell, fabric)
- inventory of private archaeological collections
- artifact cast collection