We've placed great importance on ensuring RAM is accessible to all visitors, regardless of ability. This includes several features such as:
- Public elevators between the two publicly accessible floors, and LRT entrance
- Wheelchair ramps leading up to doors
- Wheelchairs and strollers available for visitor use, free of charge. Inquire at the Admissions Desk. We will require a driver's license as a deposit.
- Direct access to LRT pedway, with elevator to museum main floor
- Automatic doors
- Accessible washrooms, complete with a lift (sling not provided) and adult changing table
- Close drop-off locations for visitors with mobility considerations
- For visitors with sensory needs, we offer free Sensory Kit rentals. Please see the Admissions Desk for more information.
Service dogs are permitted in the museum provided that they wear an identifying vest and the owner carries an identification card. Pets are not permitted in the museum.
There are four parking spots for visitors with disabilities located just outside the main doors of the museum on the west side.
Additional nearby accessible parking suitable for visitors with disabilities:
- City Hall Parkade – five accessible stalls
- Library Parkade – 13 accessible stalls
- Canada Place Parkade – six accessible stalls
- Edmonton City Centre West Parkade – 11 accessible stalls
Each of the above parkades has its own pricing rates, and the stalls are not specifically reserved for Royal Alberta Museum visitors.